Client Access Coordinator and Medical Coder
Client Access Coordinator and Medical Coder
Title: Client Access Coordinator and Medical Coder
Department: Community Services
Location: Low Vision Rehabilitation Center (LVRC)
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Report To: Senior Director, Client Solutions
Overview: The Client Access Coordinator and Medical Coder will provide administrative support to the Senior Director and professional staff of the Community Services division, its vendors, and clients. Primary responsibilities will include reviewing patients’ records to assign appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes for patient care, population health statistics, and billing reimbursement purposes. Additionally, this position will function as a liaison to new and current clients, staff, and division vendors, such as Louisiana Rehabilitation Services (LRS), Veteran Affairs Medical Center (VAMC), and other healthcare professionals with related documentation and communication.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Medical Coding
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely coding and billing services are completed, including tracking and posting payments.
- Create quotes and prior authorizations for optometry/occupational therapy recommended devices included in the low vision and assistive technology evaluations.
- Perform purchasing requisitions.
- Review medical records for compliance with state, federal, and private insurance guidelines.
- Comply with HIPAA regulations to maintain strict confidentiality of client information.
- Submit claims to insurance companies and other third-party payers to ensure the LVRC is reimbursed for all services provided, and resolve any conflicts regarding these payments.
- Identify new insurance providers and maintain current providers.
- Client Access
- Contact new Orientation and Adjustment to Blindness (OAB) program clients before the start date to field questions, review daily office procedures and general policies, inform them about meal responsibility and transportation.
- Coordinate transportation to and from LVRC for new OAB clients utilizing Louisiana Association for the Blind’s (L.A.B.) internal transportation program.
- Partner with staff to create a monthly OAB training schedule.
- Ensure a new OAB program client intake packet is completed by the end of the client’s first week of training.
- Assign a staff member to act as “Client Coordinator” for new OAB clients.
- Assist with resolution of problems and issues with clients, patients, and staff and maintain written documentation.
- Act as a liaison to address client questions, concerns, or conflicts if the Client Coordinator is unavailable.
- Must communicate clinical information effectively with referring physicians, optometrists, Louisiana Rehabilitation Services (LRS), VAMC, and other health care professionals.
- Partner with client coordinator and/or instructor(s) to dispense equipment to OAB clients upon the start of the program.
- Receiving, creating & maintaining medical records for the Optometrist and/or Occupational Therapist.
- Input service authorizations to the client software system.
- Provide front desk support by greeting clients and assist with paperwork, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or two (2) years of experience in a related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in medical practice. Eye clinic preferred, but not required.
- Have or receive within agreed time period medical coding certification.
- Strong computer skills with specific knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheet, insurance forms, electronic billing, and proprietary software.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, coordinate, and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with a high level of quality and productivity.
- Physical demands: stooping, standing, turning, bending, kneeling, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively independently and with other team members.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. L.A.B. does not discriminate based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. L.A.B. is a drug-free workplace. Applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Apply via L.A.B.’s website: https://lablind.com/employment.php
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""