Job Title: Forklift Operator/Handler
Department: Copy Paper Division
Location: 1107 Burt Street
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Report To: Warehouse Supervisor
Date: February 15, 2021 until filled
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct daily inspection of the forklift as necessary for routine gas, oil, and other lubrications
- Inform supervisor of any mechanical or safety item in need of repair
- Furnish production lines with raw material when needed
- Transport finished products to the warehouse
- Prepare finished materials for shipment
- Fuels the forklift and charge the battery as needed
- Assist the warehouse supervisor and production supervisor with inventory by recording location, quantity, condition, shipping, and receiving requirements
- Ensure the warehouse is clean and orderly to maintain a safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specifications and requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is helpful but not required
- One year of forklift driving experience
- Must hold a current and valid driver’s license
- Knowledgeable of warehouse storage, shipping, and receiving requirements
- Must be able to complete an operator training program with an experienced forklift operator
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. All applicants will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or genetics, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please apply via our website: https://lablind.com/employment.php
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : ""