Title: Maintenance Tech
Department: Copy Paper Division
Location: 1107 Burt Street
Wage Category: Non-exempt
Report To: Maintenance Manager
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Set up, adjust, program, and maintain all machines
- Perform preventative and emergency maintenance on all production machinery
- Change machines and check oil levels daily
- The Maintenance Tech must have the ability to adjust existing programs and create new ones
- Must be able to read and comprehend customer specification and quality requirements
- Maintain preventative maintenance database, labor, parts, vendors, etc.
- Repair, modify, adjust and calibrate incorrectly functioning machinery in accordance with predetermined standards
- Test equipment after the repair has been made
- Assess performance problems and take appropriate corrective action
- Must be able to work independently in locating parts and services
- Maintain good housekeeping standards for tool cribs and supplies and tools
- High school diploma or the equivalent preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and own vehicle insurance
- Experience in electronics necessary
- Ability to use hand, power, and other tools
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards
- Knowledge of other Industrial machinery in the plant a plus
- Ability to lift at least 35 pounds, reach above shoulder length, stooping and bending down
- Ability to read and write
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to diagnose and correct equipment
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. L.A.B. does not discriminate based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. L.A.B. is a drug-free workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Apply via L.A.B.’s website: https://lablind.com/employment.php
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""