Sportsbook Ticket Writer
Sportsbook Ticket Writer
A career in gaming? At Margaritaville Casino & Resort Bossier City, we're bringing Best in Class Sports Betting to Louisiana. We think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
To apply please use the following link: SPORTSBOOK TICKET WRITER in Bossier City, Louisiana | Careers at Margaritaville Resort Casino (icims.com)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Write, verify, and make payments on tickets for sports wagers in accordance with department policy and procedures and ensures compliance to applicable jurisdictional gaming statues and regulations.
- Maintain a cash bank for his/her shift, responsible for accepting payment and making correct change when necessary.
- Stock Sports book Writer/Cashier's stations with adequate supplies; keeps all stations neat and clean.
- Write Sports tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make payments on winning tickets in an accurate and timely manner; verify tickets and payoffs.
- Maintain and reconcile bank for assigned shift, following established cash-handling policies and procedures
- Explain wagering rules, including betting lines and odds, and procedures to guests
- Ensure compliance with currency transaction requirements, Title 31, and money laundering and Suspicious Activity Reporting for Casinos (SAR) requirements
- Provide information and assistance to customers in a friendly, courteous manner to ensure the delivery of guest service. Offer information on activities, etc., and direct guests for further information as necessary.
- Create and enter player tracking cards
- Notify management of escalated or prevalent guest issues/concerns and any apparent suspicious activity
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum six (6) months of cash-handling experience
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Effectively communicate effectively in English, both oral and written forms
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Obtain and maintain a Louisiana Gaming License.
- Must successfully complete and maintain all compliance training.
- Previous experience in race and sportsbook preferred
- Previous experience in a similar resort environment preferred
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a high-stress and high-volume environment
- Ability to work in and adapt to a dynamic and frequently changing environment
- Ability to adhere to and execute established department policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of sports
- Proficient cash-handling skills
- Ability to work under pressure while being able to pay attention to details
- Basic math skills to calculate winnings based on odds
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance, adhering to department and company standards
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Sales, Finance, Customer Service